top of page

Linen Lovers

Public·996 members

Hello from Portland, OR 👋

Hello! I’m Irina and I love linen 😂.


A few years ago I stumbled upon an article about 7 Lithuanian linen brands and since I’m half Lithuanian, it sparked my curiosity about natural fabrics. I purchased a few linen items and really fell in love with this fabric.


Then at an estate sale I found a sewing machine and since I was looking for a hobby, I thought why not sewing? Sewing felt very natural to me, because my mom is a professional seamstress, so I grew up seeing her work, browsing fashion magazines, and making clothes for Barbie dolls from scraps. I already had some sewing chops from school, so after taking a refresher course, I felt like a solid beginner/intermediate.

I still take technique classes here and there and hope to gain more experience.

I found Leah on YouTube and her content hit all the boxes in terms of what I was looking for! I love that she shares tips and tricks, life wisdom, and she makes it fun to watch as well! I’m amazed how sophisticated her business is!

I’m currently working through my first pattern (argent & sable top). It’s taking me a while because I can only sew on Wednesdays after work. But so far I haven’t messed it up completely, so I’m happy :)


This is a photo of me with a shirt I made out of hemp fabric.



75 Views
Andrea Farkas
Andrea Farkas
9월 22일

I just took a picture of these three, and there is another one uploaded where the others usually share their finished garments.


These weren't made of linen yet, but rather from various thicknesses of cotton fabrics I already had at home.I didn't know this company you recommended before.


However, I found a few others that also manufacture and distribute linen-based fabrics in Lithuania.


I don't really like the colors of this one, but their prices are cheap, and anyone who likes to dye finer colors themselves can find natural linen as well as linen-cotton blends quite cheaply here:


https://linentrade.eu/sv/7-enfaergade?p=2The next two represent roughly a similar level, and their prices are very similar as well:


https://earthytextiles.com/products/linen-fabric-samples


https://www.linendreamshop.com/listing/942380160/linen-fabric-samples-swatches-various


bottom of page